Step by Step Education, a local Supply Teaching Agency, is looking to recruit enthusiastic and energetic Level 2/3 Teaching Assistants that are based around the Carlisle area.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced practitioners or for newly qualified practitioners looking to start their career.
The right candidate will have the option to be flexible in what role they undertake.
- Primary Schools – Working within Early Years, KS1 and KS2 classes
- Secondary Schools & Academy’s – Working and supporting KS3 and KS4 pupils
- Pupil referral units – Supporting pupils from KS1-KS4
- Specialist Schools – Working and supporting pupils with SEND
- Early Years Settings – Working with birth to five
The right candidate will:
- Have a caring, nurturing approach with children
- Be able to work with small groups of children assisting with numeracy and literacy
- Work as part of a strong team including other teaching assistants and class teachers across the whole school
- Support with physical or personal care difficulties, eg eating, getting around school safely or using the toilet
- Support children within the classroom, deliver interventions and support the class teacher
- Supporting either individuals or small groups of pupils within or outside the class.
- To undertake activities and assist in monitoring the personal social and emotional needs of pupils
- To develop positive relationships with pupils to assist pupil progress and attainment
- To assist in the development of varying skills that support pupils learning
- Moving and handling
- Adapt learning to ensure it suits the needs of children
- Will have an NVQ level 2/3 or above qualification
- Have GCSE Mathematics and English
- It would be desirable if the right candidate holds a Team Teach Qualification
To apply for this position, then please send an up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch soon.
Step by Step Education is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
All positions are subject to a DBS Certificate being carried out and applicants meeting Step by Step Education’s Best Practice pre-employment criteria.