TEACHING ASSISTANTS NEEDED IN LANCASHIRE
Step by Step Education are one of the leading Education recruitment agencies in the North West.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic Teaching Assistants to join our team of supply Teaching Assistants that live in Lancashire.
We are looking to recruit qualified Teaching Assistants who will hold a minimum NVQ Level 2 certificate or equivalent and will have at least 6 months of referenceable experience in the past two years in an education setting.
- Primary Schools – Working within Early Years, KS1 and KS2 classes
- Secondary Schools & Academy’s – Working and supporting KS3 and KS4 pupils
- Pupil referral units – Supporting pupils from KS1-KS4
- Specialist Schools – Working and supporting pupils with SEND
We are looking for Teaching Assistants who are:
- Have a caring and nurturing approach with children
- Able to work with small groups of children assisting with numeracy and literacy
- Work as part of a strong team including other teaching assistants and class teachers across the whole school
- Support with physical or personal care difficulties, eg eating, getting around school safely or using the toilet
- Support children within the classroom, deliver interventions and support the class teacher
- Supporting either individuals or small groups of pupils within or outside the class.
- To undertake activities and assist in monitoring the personal social and emotional needs of pupils
- To develop positive relationships with pupils to assist pupil progress and attainment
- To assist in the development of varying skills that support pupils learning
- Moving and handling
- Adapt learning to ensure it suits the needs of children
- Have GCSE Mathematics and English
- It would be desirable if the right candidate holds a Team Teach Qualification
We have various long term/day to day roles and opportunities available for experienced Teaching Assistants as well as newly qualified Teaching Assistants. The right candidates will have the option to be flexible in what role they undertake.
Step by Step Education prides itself on providing our Teaching Assistants a services which is second to none, our consultants are all from an Education background and have empathy and support to offer every member of our team.
If you feel that this role is something that you would like to be considered for, then please either e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office for a chat on 01772 713819.
Interviews to be held via video call due to COVID-19.
Step by Step Education is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
All positions are subject to a DBS Certificate being carried out and applicants meeting Step by Step Education’s Best Practice pre-employment criteria.