Pastoral Teaching Assistant
We are searching for a Pastoral Teaching Assistant to work in an ‘Outstanding’ High School based in Preston.
The role would be for 28 hours per week (school hours) and the position would initially be for a month but has the potential to be extended.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To oversee behaviour, attendance and welfare issues relating to assigned year group/s.
- To help remove welfare barriers to learning, enabling students to make at least expected progress.
- In particular, supporting vulnerable learners to make good progress
- To deal with issues in a positive manner, communicating actions to staff and parents as appropriate.
- To enforce expectations with regard to uniform, attendance, punctuality and respectful behaviour.
- To ensure the smooth running of year assemblies; leading and preparing some assemblies.
- To be proactive in supporting the school behaviour system by being a strong presence in corridors at lesson changeovers, break times, end of lunchtimes, end of the school day.
- To liaise with tutors on issues of a pastoral nature, with active involvement in tutor meetings.
- To support individual students to access lessons and learning, helping them to meet the expectations of teachers.
- To manage and administer the Behaviour for Learning system in relation to assigned year group/s, ensuring students attend detentions and follow up if they do not.
- To work as part of the team of Pastoral Support Assistants, sharing duties and information as appropriate.
- To assist with administrative tasks e.g. maintaining accurate records.
- To attend meetings and reviews as necessary, making contact with parents as required.
- To build relationships with parents and resolve issues, liaising with external agencies as directed.
- To be alert to safeguarding issues, log and pass on concerns as appropriate, deal confidentially and sensitively with parents and students undergoing difficulties.
If you feel that this role is something that you would like to be considered for, then please either e-mail your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office for a chat. Alternatively, simply apply for this role via our website and Daniel will get back to you asap.
Step by Step Education is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions are subject to a DBS Certificate being carried out and applicants meeting Step by Step Education’s Best Practice pre-employment criteria.