PERMANENT NURSERY MANAGER NEEDED IN BLACKBURN
A nursery in Blackburn is looking for an experienced Manager to lead their Before & After School / Holiday Club. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in managing a quality provision and assisting the Company Director to build and grow the business with a variety of programmes that will serve the local community.
If you are a manager who is organised, business-minded, has excellent communication both written and oral and has a love for outdoor education, we would love to hear from you.
- You will have overall responsibility for managing all day to day aspects of our before school, after school and holiday club provision.
- During term time you will be directly managing our breakfast & after school club and during the school holidays you will be managing our holiday club.
- You will support the Company Director with administrative duties, business planning, and supporting your clubs with planning activities, resourcing, and recruitment responsibilities.
- During club operating times, you will directly supervise all staff and ensure all activities are delivered to a high standard at all times.
- You will become “the face” of the nursery by building strong relationships with the schools we serve and the families who access our offering.
- You will provide a safe and secure environment for the children in your care to explore, grow, inspire and have FUN!
- You will have a passion for outdoor education and plan activities that foster values that enhance social skills and celebrate individuality, tolerance, respect and kindness.
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day management and on-site delivery of an after school club, breakfast club & holiday club.
- Plan drop off and collection routes effectively in accordance with the changing requirements of the schools we service.
- Plan, prepare and deliver all activities within the setting for before and after school children.
- Develop, plan and deliver a holiday club program during the school holidays.
- Directly manage all staff associated with the Company.
- Ensure all clubs run each day in line with the Company’s and Ofsted policies & procedures
- Work alongside the Company Director to support the recruitment process for any staff vacancies.
- Monitor and update pre-agreed training audits throughout the year.
- Assist with the Marketing and promotion by directly attending school / local fetes and events, distributing flyers to local schools, attending school parent’s evenings etc.
Skills & Experience:
- You ideally have a minimum of 2 years managerial/supervisory experience in childcare, early years or playwork setting and also possess a forest school qualification or be willing to undertake training.
- A minimum level 3 NVQ / Diploma in Childcare or Playwork (or equivalent) is essential
- Would suit somebody with experience of working in a Primary School, Pre-School or Nursery, e.g. a Teaching Assistant or (former) Teacher, Early Years Educator or Nursery Manager or Assistant Manager
- Opportunities to gain qualifications and further growth & development will be available for candidates who match our ambitions.
- The nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting children and young people’s welfare and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you’d like to be considered for this position, simply apply for this position via our website or send a copy of your CV to Daniel at email@example.com and Daniel will get back to you asap. Alternatively, give the office a call on 01772 713819 at any time, and Daniel will happily discuss this position with you.