Nursery Deputy Manager
We are currently searching for a Nursery Deputy Manager. A new upcoming Nursery setting in Preston are looking to recruit a Nursery Deputy Manager on a full-time contractual basis to work 40 hours per week, term-time only and to commence asap.
We are looking for a Nursery Deputy Manager who:
- A level 3 minimum qualification and at least 2 years experience.
- A passion for working with young children and families.
- Excellent communication and partnership skills with children, parents/carers, colleagues and other professionals
- A self-drive and ability to use their own initiative
- Ability to lead and motivate a small team and stand-in for the manager in their absence
- Ability to work as part of a management team to reflect on and improve practice and outcomes for children. The role is also a key holder.
- An excellent understanding of and ability to implement the EYFS
- Overseeing and coordinating stimulating and inspiring activities for the children across the nursery
- Monitoring and developing our learning environments, indoors and outdoors
- Ability to observe, monitor and support staff with their practice, ensuring it is in line with the requirements set out in the EYFS and meets the ethos of the nursery.
- Ability to take the lead of assessment cohort tracking for all children
- Ability to assist the manager as and when required with administrative tasks
- Promoting and ensuring staff are following safeguarding procedures, at all times
- Managing health and safety procedures within the setting, monitoring nursery risk assessments
- Understanding and adhering to all confidentiality and GDPR policies and procedures
If you feel that this role is something that you would like to be considered for, then please either e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org at Step by Step or call the office for a chat on 01772 713819. Alternatively, simply apply for this role via our website and Daniel will get back to you asap.
Step by Step Education is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions are subject to a DBS Certificate being carried out and applicants meeting Step by Step Education’s Best Practice pre-employment criteria.